SHIPMENT OF USED HOUSEHOLD AND PERSONAL EFFECTS TO THAILAND for U.S. CITIZENS
As the only U.S. based Thai Freight Forwarder Company established in the U.S. since 1987, we are uniquely positioned with the knowledge and experience to best handle your transportation needs to Thailand. Our capabilities are practically unlimited throughout the U.S.A. Currently. We have 95 receiving and shipping terminals all over the U.S. with a weekly sailing from East coast and West coast ports to Thailand. We can also arrange Ocean Freight container to your residence wherever. You live in the event you want to do your own loading.
We invite you to contact us, should you need more information about our services or anything about Thailand. If we do not have the answer, we will make it available to you within 24 hours.
Siam International toll free number: 1 (866) 3381284
Monday – Friday (Pacific Time)
Or email: email@example.com
In Thailand, we have our own nominated Forwarding Company to handle customs clearance at the arrival port, thereafter, utilizing their own exclusive trucking to transport your belongings to your new home in Thailand.
For more information about our Bangkok agent, please visit their
THAILAND IMPORT RULES AND REGULATIONS
Used household goods and personal effects items are DUTY-EXCEMPT for persons under the following categories:
- Thai Citizen
- Married couple, one of whom must be a Thai citizen with a valid or expired Thai passport.
- Person in possession of a Thai resident VISA
- Person in possession of a Thailand work permit or with a B.O.I. letter
- Person under assignment to work with Thai government, under diplomatic or foreign government assignment and for international humanitarian organizations such as the United Nations.
- Valid Passport (original)
- Non-immigrant visa or resident visa valid for one year
- Work Permit (original) or copy of B.O.I. letter (to Customs) valid for one year.
- Detailed/itemized inventory/packing list ( legible in English) showing the following:
- Packaging type (crate/carton/bundle, etc)
- For all electrical appliances, the brand name, model and serial number (option)
- For TVs, the diameter of the picture tube and whether color or black and white.
- Copy of Insurance policy (if applicable)
- Traveler must be in country for customs clearance
- All shipments subject to inspection
- Traveler allowed duty-free import of one Air and one Sea shipment from country of last residence.
- First shipment must not arrived Bangkok one month before the traveler and the remaining shipment must not arrive no later than six months after the date of the arrival of the traveler.
- Shipment must originate from the same country as the traveler.
DUTIABLE RESTRICTED ITEMS
- New items (less than six months since date of purchase) require invoices:
- Alcoholic beverages
- Tobacco products
- Work of art and antiquities
- Only one of each type of household and electrical appliance is allowed, duplicate appliances will be charge full duties.
Narcotics and drugs, medical equipment, gold and silver, plants (Health certificate required), several plant and fruits are prohibited (inquire before importing). Firearms, weapon, ammunition and dangerous objects such as fuel, combustion and or pressurized articles/cans are strictly prohibited and must not be loaded / carried in transportation container.
Automobiles and motorcycles heavily taxed and require approval (import permit) from he Ministry of Commerce prior to forwarding. Owner must have an original valid ownership of the automobile title.
- Animals subject to duties.
- Information such as sex, name, age and breed should be provided to shipping agent well in advance.
- Quarantine may be required upon arrival.
- Import permit, health certificate providing evidence that rabies vaccination has been administered seven days prior to departure.
- Certificate of vaccination.
FOR OTHER INFORMATION:
|Royal Thai Embassy
1024 Wisconsin Ave., N.W. # 401
Washington, D.C. 20007
Royal Thai Consulate – General New York
|Tourism Authority of Thailand, USA,
61 Broadway, Suite 2810
New York, NY 10006
Misc. information about Thailand